Welcome to Torah Toy!

At Torah Toy we believe that learning should be fun! Our wide variety of unique teaching ideas and unusual educational toys will encourage children to explore and expand their imagination in a Torah environment.


Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dreidel Sorting



During Chanukah season, we got the dreidels all over the house…. Under the couch, on the counter, on the stairs, in the porch… and some where they should be -the toy closet. I promised my daughter if she would help me “find” (clean-up) all the dreidels we would do an activity together. I gave her the little basket and asked her to place them there. Well, sure enough, she gathered all the dreidels within minutes. Now, it was my turn to come up with the activity.



Way back, we received from one of our shabbos  guest a clear candy dish with several compartments. It’s been sitting on top of my fridge quite a while and figured I’d put it now in good use. I placed it on the floor 
near the dreidels and showed her how to sort the draidels.

For this activity you will need:

Dreidels
A dish with several comportments

If you can’t get access to a dish with several compartments, you can always use several cups. Assign a color for each cup and have your child place the dreidels there.This activity is wonderful because it refines so many skills such as categorization, color recognition and fine motor skills. 

Have a Happy Chanukah!

No comments:

Post a Comment